I was recently interviewed on Building a Soul-Self in Eating Disorder and Bulimia Recovery by Nicole Burgess from the Soulfilled Sisterhood Podcast. Through her work as a licensed marriage and family therapist and podcast producer, Nicole strives to help women unfold more into their true selves; to help them step into their own inner strength and share their unique gifts with the world (despite the fear of change or exposure).
In this Soulfilled Sisterhood Podcast episode I share about:
- My personal story of my recovery from bulimia
- My “peak spiritual experience”
- My own therapy with a Psychosynthesis therapist
- My training in Psychosynthesis
- How I work to help clients recover from bulimia and other food, weight and body image concerns
- Working toward self-acceptance of whole self in eating disorder recovery
- How attachment theory influences my parenting through foster-care and how I use it in my work with clients in counselling and therapy
- Empathy and brain mirror neurons between counsellor and client in therapy
- Body Feeling Mind exercise for eating disorder recovery
- Building soul self/spiritual self in counselling and therapy
- Why we must listen to the call of the soul, ‘Whatever it calls for, do that’
- Nutrition and exercise as a form of Masculine energy
- Nourishment and movement as a form of Feminine energy
- I share my meditative practice
- How I worked through my own fears, self-worth and envy issues
- How I manage criticism from others
- Why I think eating disorders are family disorders
- My dream to meet Oprah, the person who has inspired me for over 30 years
I hope you enjoyed this episode! Be sure to subscribe to the Soulfilled Sisterhood Podcast on Nicole’s website/ on iTunes/ or through the podcast app. Nicole also produces the Launching Your Daughter Podcast.
Do you want to transform your relationship with food, body & soul®? Start here by clicking on the link for a copy of my free eBook, 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body.