How can I help you?
- Do you feel like you are not good enough?
- Do you compare yourself and / or your body to others, tyrannize yourself and feel like you have to be perfect?
- Do you self-sabotage or find yourself repeating the same unhealthy patterns over and over again?
- Do you feel anxious, angry, depressed, disconnected, lonely, sad, or overwhelmed?
- Have you suffered deeply and need support from someone who knows what that feels like?
- Would you like to learn how your challenges can be the catalyst for transformational growth and healing?
- Perhaps you are longing to live a more creative, soulful, purposeful and meaningful life?
Feel better and create life-long change
I am passionate about helping women:
Recover & Grow
I can help you recover and grow from any of these women’s health and well being concerns:
- Anger, anxiety or depression
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders, disordered eating, exercise and body image
- Ecological worries and concerns
- Finding value, meaning and purpose in life
- Infertility and adoption
- Life crisis and life transitions
- Inner child healing
- Mother-daughter relationships
- Relationship with self and others
- Self-esteem / worth / confidence
- Sexual abuse, emotional neglect or trauma from your past
- Slowing down and soul-care
- Spiritual crisis / awakening and post traumatic growth
- Women’s health and well-being
HOW CAN YOU BE SURE THAT I AM THE RIGHT THERAPIST FOR YOU?
Choosing a counsellor or psychotherapist is a big deal. It might be the first time you have ever talked about what’s been bothering you.
Evidence says that it’s not the modality of therapy that works, it’s the relationship between the client and the therapist. We will start off by having a getting to know you session where I encourage you to see if I am the right therapist for you.
I have sat in the client’s chair and journeyed my own individual, couples and group therapy so I know what it feels like to be in therapy.
My 8-year training in the UK in depth counselling and eco-psycho-spiritual psychotherapy was extremely rigorous. Since then, I have trained with some of the world’s most influential thought leaders in the field of women’s health and well-being, complex trauma and disordered eating + other food, weight and body image concerns.
I am excited to be sharing this work with women in Australia and overseas via Skype.
Please take a look around for more information and feel free to email me with any questions.
DOES THERAPY WORK? SHORT ANSWER: YES!
There is a considerable amount of evidence to show that not only does therapy provide symptom improvement but through developing inner resources, self-knowledge and awareness, you can continue to make positive changes long after your therapy ends. The tools and awareness you develop will last you a lifetime.
Psychotherapy & counselling have a wide range of life-long benefits.
Latest from the Blog
How Parents can Help Their Child Recover from an Eating Disorder with Eating Disorder Parent Coaching
Is your child struggling with an eating disorder? Are you in need of guidance so that you can support your child towards recovery? This page
Stolen Focus by Johann Hari Book Review
Stolen Focus by Johann Hari Book Review is part of my Children and Handheld Devices series. Johann Hari’s book “Stolen Focus” is an in-depth exploration
10 Forest Activities to Connect with Your Inner Child
Photo: Annie Spratt This post was originally written for The International Day of Forests and this year, the theme is Forests and Health. What better
8 Health Benefits of Spending Time in the Forest
Photo: Maksim Shutov This post is about 8 Health Benefits of Spending Time in the Forest. Today is The International Day of Forests. This day
Carolyn Costin 8 Keys To Recovery From an Eating Disorder 10 Week Coaching Program
CAROLYN COSTIN 8 KEYS TO RECOVERY FROM AN EATING DISORDER COACHING PROGRAM Do you feel crazy around food? Are you fed up of dieting? …and
50+ On-Screen Fathers and Daughters: A collection of movies and TV series showing the many facets of the father-daughter relationship
In my counselling and psychotherapy practice working with women, trauma, disordered eating and the trance of unworthiness – it doesn’t take long before the father-daughter relationship enters