Disordered Eating: A Search for Wholeness Podcast with Lourdes Viado
I am so excited to share this podcast with you.
I was recently interviewed by Women In-Depth host, Lourdes Viado, about disordered eating.
You can subscribe to Women In-Depth: Conversations About the Inner Lives of Women on iTunes.
I hope you enjoy hearing about disordered eating from a soul-centred perspective.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- My private counselling and psychotherapy practice in Sydney
- How my passion stems from my personal recovery from bulimia
- Psychosynthesis: the approach I use to heal
- Eating disorders as a search for wholeness
- Our attempts to change the body, what’s it really about?
- Why we need to lose the language around healthy and clean eating
- What an eating disorder REALLY means
- Common symptoms of eating disorders
- The mistake of filling our needs with food or exercise
- Sub-personalities—find out what they need
- Dis-identifying from the PARTS/Identifying with the WHOLE self
- The heart of eating disorders and spiritual needs
- Recovery: the journey of the soul
- Spiritual bankruptcy that needs love, compassion, connection, and acceptance
- Brain changes that happen as the soul heals
- YOU ARE NOT BROKEN!
Disordered eating resources mentioned in the podcast:
If you are struggling with an eating disorder, disordered eating or other food, weight or body image concern, please contact me or find a counsellor or psychotherapist who can work at depth to heal from these concerns.